Thursday, May 10, 2012

What Ineffective leaders say:
From John Baldoni’s “180 ways to walk the leadership talk”
Because I said so

Of course I want you to take risk.  Just don’t make a mistake.  And don’t make a decision!

Don’t ask questions, just do as you’re told

Don’t blame me, it wasn’t my idea

I don’t owe you an explanation

It’s my way or the highway

Nevermind  what I said yesterday, this is TODAY.

It’s my job to make all the decisions and your job to follow them.

Why can’t you be more like…(someone else)

Why can’t you be more like me?

You’re not paid to think; you’re paid to do what I tell you to do.

If I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it.

1 comment:

  1. You can say these things but it will not work in your favor.

    Even if you think them, it's probably best to keep it to yourself.

    The truth is: making a few adjustments to how you verbally communicate can make a big difference in the effort your employees give on the job. Don't you want them to give their best performance instead of just doing enough to get by (keep their jobs)?

    ReplyDelete