Friday, May 25, 2012

Negativity: A fate worse than death?

Once upon a time a group of co-workers were on a cruise and got shipwrecked.  They struggled to get off the sinking boat; swimming around in shark-infested waters.   They found life preservers and rafts and managed to paddle their way to safety on a deserted island.  Among the stranded coworkers were:
  • Worried Wilhelmina who said: "We'll never survive here.  We're all going to die."
  • Unfocused Ursula who chimed: "I wonder if those are lilies growing over there."
  • Lazy Larry who remarked: "You guys gather wood; I'm going to rest."
  • Grudge-holding Glen who growled: "I won't help because I'm still angry with Ursula about something she said yesterday."

And then there was Pete.  After hearing this ongoing conversation, Pete became frustrated and disheartened.  He said "I would rather take make my chances with the sharks than stay here with you people!  I'm going back in the water!"


The motto of the story:   If you're not helping the situation,  you are probably hurting it.   So, keep your negativity to yourself, FOR PETE'S SAKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment